Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
ACGME Web site http://www.acgme.org
- Patient Care – Residents must be able to provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health.
- Medical Knowledge – Residents must demonstrate knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, and cognate sciences and the application of that knowledge to patient care.
- Practice – Based Learning and Improvement – Residents must be able to investigate and evaluate their patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve their patient care practices.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills – Residents must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, their patients' families, and professional associates.
- Professionalism – Resident must clearly show a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
- System-Based Practice – Residents must demonstrate an awareness of an responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.